Start Your Journey Today

Fill out a contact form or call (888) 203-1706

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please enter a message.
    Please select an option.
Student Visas
Your legal needs are our priority.

Student Visa Attorney in Dallas

Secure Your Future with the Help of Meaders Law

Looking to study abroad in the U.S.? You’ll need a student visa. Depending on the type of school you plan to attend or your course of study, you will be required to obtain either an F visa or an M visa.

If you are trying to obtain a student visa, Meaders Law is here to assist you. Our immigration lawyer in Dallas, TX is committed to helping people get the U.S. education they desire. This concerns building the best foundation for your future and we take that seriously.

For the sake of your future, call (888) 203-1706.

Before Applying, Make Sure You Have Financial Support

If you are thinking that you’ll pay for your education by working when you get to the U.S., think again. There are tight restrictions placed upon those who enter the U.S. on a student visa. During the first year of studies, a student may not be employed off-campus. There are two exceptions to this. If employment is off-campus, it must be either educationally related or educationally affiliated.

After the first year of study, the USCIS could choose to grant permission for a student to accept off-campus employment, upon the recommendation of the school. Whatever the work situation, whether on-campus or off-campus, students are only permitted to work a maximum of 20 hours per week.

This means that students will typically have to rely on other financial means, such as scholarships, grants, savings, or gifts to pay for schooling and living expenses while in the U.S.

Do I Need an F Visa or an M Visa?

The majority of students seeking to study in the U.S. will need to obtain an F Visa.

You will need an F Visa if you wish to attend:

  • Private elementary school
  • High school
  • College or university
  • Seminary
  • Conservatory
  • Another academic institution, including language training programs

If you plan on attending a vocational or other non-academic institution, you will need to obtain an M Visa.

How Can Our Firm Help You?

Meaders Law can assist you with student visa applications and much more. Don’t hesitate to contact our immigration law firm now. We look forward to discussing your future with you.

For help with student visas, call our Dallas office at (888) 203-1706.

  • We care about the specific needs of our clients and prioritize keeping families together.
    Let us help you!